Live music is always fun, and four days a week, every week, you can find live music at the following places:
4 – 9 pm, Rancho Viejo
Alan Bristor performs classic and southern rock, along with his own original songs
7 – 9 pm, Speakeasy, Mimslyn Inn
Musician Dwight Martin plays the hits from the ’50’s and beyond
7 – 9 pm, Speakeasy, Mimslyn Inn
Mokey & Friends, aka Kickin’ Back
Mokey, Mike & Russ play favorites from the ’70’s and beyond
7 – 10 pm, Robbie Limon performs the First Friday of each month in the Speakeasy at the Mimslyn Inn
11 am – 9 pm, Gennaro’s
Singer-songwriter Alan Bristor performs his original compositions, with soft rock, country, and folk influences
12noon – 2pm, Warehouse Art Gallery
Musician Keith Traylor plays piano music in the Gallery
1 – 3 pm, Cooter’s Place
Cooter and his 5-piece garage band do a live concert every Saturday
12 noon – 2pm, Warehouse Art Gallery – Keith Traylor —-Music Workshop
2 – 4 pm, Cooter’s Place
A local or regional Bluegrass band performs at Cooter’s Place
The arts…bringing revenue to Page County. Last Thursday, the DC nonprofit World Resources Institute, Food Forest, and Water Department.conducted a team-building art exercise led by Lucia King at the Warehouse Art Gallery….(Photos by Ben Somberg)
The Arts Council is dedicated to helping to create opportunities like this one and incorporating Page County art into other activities and events, such as wedding planning.
Auditions will be Wednesday and Thursday (Sept. 19 and 20) at 7:00pm at the Trackside.
Roundhouse Players is pleased to announce auditions for their Christmas show – ‘The Christmas Express” by Pat Cook.
A small town railway station, with eccentric small town characters, and two mysterious strangers make for an unforgettable day the day before Christmas eve. Hilda, the station manager, has declared, “This is the most hopeless place in the world.” Enter Leo and impossible things start happening – a group of carolers no longer sound like a group of cats being bathed, unscheduled trains arrive, humbugs are actually looking forward to Christmas. A lively comedy ensues.
***The play requires 3 men and 5 women – any age. And 1 man and 1 woman – young, newly married.***
Performance dates are: Friday, November 30; Saturday and Sunday, December 1 and 2. Also, Friday, December 7 and Sunday, December 9. (December 8 is the Luray parade)
Rehearsals start September 24 and will be Mondays and Wednesdays at 7:00pm.
Auditions will be Wednesday and Thursday (Sept. 19 and 20) at 7:00pm at the Trackside. If you can’t make auditions, but would like to be considered for a part, please let us know.
Tell everyone about the auditions – we need actors
See you all at auditions!
Page Valley Arts Council, Page County, Virginia in collaboration with the Warehouse Art Gallery, Luray, VA
Exhibit: “Color”, an all-mediums art exhibit, will be presented by the Page County Arts Council at the Warehouse Art Gallery, 15 Campbell Street, Luray, Virginia 22835, (540) 843-0200, September 29- October 31, 2018.
GENERAL GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Application deadline: August 31, 2018
- Media: photography, painting, mixed media, sculpture, and any other visual art forms
- All entries must have been produced in the last two years and fit within the theme “Color”
- Maximum dimensions: 60 X 60 x 60, call Warehouse for exceptions
Works to be delivered to the Warehouse 12-5pm on Wednesday or Thursday, September 26/27. Contact Warehouse for exceptions
- Promotion: Artist agrees that the Page Valley Arts Council may use images of the artwork for promotion
- About the Venue: Page County is home to a large and diverse community of artists. The Arts Council provides weekly events and activities for art enthusiasts, as well as several major events throughout the year. The Warehouse Art Gallery, in operation for more than 15 years, appeals to local art enthusiasts as well as the many tourists who visit Luray, a leisure and tourist destination 15 minutes from Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park. Luray is the site of the world-famous Luray Caverns.
- Exhibition Opening Reception: Saturday, September 29, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Benefits to Participating Artists:
- Online, downloadable catalog including images of work
- Exhibition at a gallery that features high levels of foot traffic and purchases by a local and national and international tourist audience
- First prize $500, 2nd prize $300, 3rd prize $100, viewers choice $100
- Increased visibility of artist’s name and artwork through:
- Press announcements
- Promotion on websites and social media platforms associated with the Art Warehouse Art Gallery and the Page Valley Arts Council.
How to apply: Complete the application below. Email to email@example.com
Application fee: $35. Submit your fee by Paypal.
Please attach your payment receipt to your application. Or mail a check, payable to the Page Valley Arts Council, to PVAC, c/o Warehouse Art Gallery, 15 Campbell Street, Luray, VA 22835.
Fill out this form and submit. Then come back and pay for your $35 Registration Fee.
Everyone is invited to participate in the upcoming classes hosted by the Page Valley Arts Council
- Saturday, July 28, 11am-1pm, Sit & Knit: Shenandoah Moon
- Saturday, July 28, 1– 3pm: Spin Art & Pottery Tri Vases: Warehouse Art Gallery
- Saturday, July 28, 7pm: Eva Weber Group at Performing Arts Luray
- Sunday, July 29, 12—2pm: Music by Keith Traylor: Warehouse Art Gallery
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Skyland (mile 41.7 and 42.5 on Skyline Drive)
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Blackberry Cobbler a la mode – Shenandoah National Park For many Shenandoah National Park visitors, it’s all about the blackberries. Starting mid-summer, thickets of Shenandoah blackberries ripen in the open areas along the roads, trails and streams of the national park.
Blackberry Delight is an annual event that celebrates the sweet-tart fruit in all its glory. Skyland chefs create special blackberry-infused dishes combined with a full day of live music, dancing, local crafts, pony rides, and kid’s activities to make it a fun day for the entire family!
Stay at Skyland (mile 41.7 & 42.5) for convenient, in-park lodging closest to the activities! Or, there’s also Big Meadows Lodge (mile 51) not too far down Skyline Drive. But, book now, because rooms fill fast!
The following events will be happening at the Hawksbill Trading Company in Luray VA. Advance Registration is required.
Paint with Penny – FARMER’S WIFE
Come join the fun on July 19, at Hawksbill Trading and paint The Farmer’s Wife. The cost is $30 which includes all materials. You must pay at time of registration by either coming in or over the phone. Looking forward to having many farmers’ wives on July 19th.
White Oak Basket Making Class
Nathan Jenkins will be teaching you the old fashion way off weaving a traditional white oak basket from start to finish. Nathan has 15 years experience as a master basket weaver. His baskets can be found all over the world. He is also a second generation basket maker.
The class schedule is Friday, July 20 7-10 pm and Saturday, July 21, 10-5. The cost of the 2 day class is $75.
You need to sign up at Hawksbill Trading by Thursday, July 19. Payment must be received when signing up. You can pay buy credit card over the phone @ 540-743-1819 or you can come into the shop.
Students will be making a white oak small laundry basket or quart basket. Others will make a square basket.
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn a traditional Shenandoah Valley craft
Home Based Business Event
Hawksbill Trading Company will be sponsoring a Home Base Consultant Event on Saturday, July 21, from 11-3.
Mattie’s Soft Serve will also be here from 1-5.
If you have a Home Base Business please contact Carole Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost is $5 for a space and $5 if you want to rent a tent.
You may either set up without a tent or rent one of ours. We are trying to make our outside more uniform and appealing.
If you have any questions please call HTC at 540-743#1819. Or email Carole
Creativity Abounds at Shenandoah Moon at 58 West Main Street in Luray VA. Lots of opportunities this summer to be creative.
Please call early to reserve your spot!
Remember, if you can get 3 or 4 of your friends together for a private party, you can plan it anytime that is convenient for you!
Pre-registration is required for these classes.
Email email@example.com or call 540-743-5810
- Thursday, July 19, 1-3pm, Mixed Media: Fractured Batik Mosaic
- Saturday, July 21, 10am, Perfect Earrings Using a Jig
- Saturday, July 21, 1-3pm, FREE Essential Oils Class
- Saturday, July 28, 11am-1pm, Sit & Knit
- Saturday, August 11, 1pm a FREE Essential Oils class with Gail Smith
- Thursday, August 2, 1-3pm, Mixed Media: Acrylic Pouring with Lucia King
- Friday, August 3, 2-4pm, Free Form Wrapped Sea Glass Pendant
- Saturday, August 4, 11am, Intro to Bracelet Making
- Thursday, August 9, 1pm, Incorporating Leather into your Jewelry
- Saturday, August 11, 10am, Intro to Earring Making
- Thursday, August 16, 1-3pm, Mixed Media Activity
- Sunday, August 19, 1pm, Using Suede Lace in Jewelry-making
- Thursday, August 23, 2pm, Egyptian WireWork Bracelet
- Saturday, August 25, 11am-1pm, Sit & Knit
- Saturday, September 1, 11am-4pm, Open Silk Scarf Dyeing
- Sunday, September 2, 11am-3pm, Open Tie Dye T-shirt or Baby Onesie